Welcome to ART124, more commonly known as Graphic Design.
I have uploaded the course Syllabus and the assignment brief for the first Course Project.
Instructor Name: Mike Massengale
Office Hours: MW 5:15-6pm
Major, Minor, Elective credit. A beginning course in layout design. Students will complete projects dealing with graphic visualization, packaging and layout. Lab fee.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Student will be able to cultivate creativity using a computer with Adobe applications.
- Student will be able to research the theory of design and implement research in class projects.
- Student will be able to acknowledge the difference between good and bad design.
- Student will be able to understand why certain processes are used in design and when best to use them.
- Student will be able to receive unorganized text and photos and creatively solve problems in layouts.
- Student will by watching tutorials outside of the class as well as keeping a sketch book begin to understand their sources of inspiration.
- Student will have a beginner base of the Adobe applications of InDesign, Illustrator and Photos shop.